We've started playing a new game in the dining room. Each week, we hang an important word on a string of lights. We've invited our residents, staff, and volunteers to write down what that word means to them on index cards and hang them on a cork board. We'd like to share with you some of the responses we received on the topic of courage last week.
- Courage: It's not something earned but expressed. It's the feeling of empowerment one feels in order to stand up to something, live from day to day, and survive in life. We all need courage to face obstacles in our way or things we have to live with. It takes a little courage, just one person, and a little bit of guts to make all the difference.
- Courage means to stand up for yourself.
- Courage--LOVE and caring.
- Courage is standing up for yourself and your values--no matter what the circumstance.
- Courage is being able to speak out for what I believe, even when other people disagree.
- Courage is always doing the right thing--even when it's not always easy. Be Courageous!
Head over to our facebook page to play along with the word that's currently hanging up.