Sweet & Savory Chef's Competition March 26, 2015
Information on 2016's Sweet & Savory Chef's Competition is coming soon!
Thank you to all who attended Sweet & Savory! Such a wonderful and fun night! We were able to raise $27,000!! This is incredible and all thanks to the wonderful members of the community who support us. We appreciate you so much.
Winners of 2015 Sweet & Savory !!
From the Guests' Ballots:
Savory: Smoked Beef Tenderloin with Caramelized Onions & Rosemary-Port Reduction by Suzie Kerns & Julie Taylor Sweet: Bananas Foster by Whittaker Williams
From our Special Guest Judges:
Savory: Bourbon Braised Pork Belly, Cold Smoked Turbinado & Cardamom, Pickled Rhubarb & Fennel, Lawrence Wright
Sweet: Fireball Cheesecake, John Lindower
The full menu from 2015:
- Chef Vinnie & Chef Daniel, BlueCross BlueShield ~ Grilled Coffee and Cola Skirt Steak with Jicama-Cilantro Slaw
- Chef Lawrence Wright, Southern FoodService ~ Bourbon Braised Pork Belly, Cold Smoked Turbinado and Cardamom, Pickled Rhubarb and Fennel; plus Rhubarb and Strawberry Tartlets, Balsamic Cream
Chef Ben Perzan, Merchants Foodservice ~ Lemon Custard Cups
- Chef Ryan Whittaker, 116 Espresso & Wine Bar ~ Spanish Hot Chocolate & Churros, Cocoa & Spice-Rubbed Carolina Heritage Farms Pork Loin
- Chef Whittaker Williams, Chili Gourmet Bar-B-Cue House ~ Bananas Foster
- Chef Charlie Young ~ BBQ Chicken Sliders with Slaw
Chef John Lindower, Culinary Institute at USC ~ Fireball (ID REQUIRED) Cheesecake; Cascade Mountain Chicken
- Chef Dave Grillo, Cantina 76 ~ Beef Short Rib Taco with Cilantro and Roasted Garlic Aioli Topped with Pickled Onions
- Chefs Suzie Kerns & Julie Taylor ~ Smoked Beef Tenderloin with Carmelized Onions & Rosemary-Port Reduction; Linzer Torte
- Chef Coretta Simmons, Loving Hands Catering ~ Low Country Chicken Bog, a/k/a Chicken Perlo
**Attire is everything from business attire to cocktail dresses, suits to khakis & polos.
Tickets are $35 for individuals and $60 for couples ahead of time.
The night of the event, tickets will be $40 per person and $70 per couple.
Judges: David Campbell, Chef Larry Platt (Let's Cook Culinary), WLTX's Savannah Levins
Music provided by DJ Bryan Vacchio. Thanks to Liquid Assets for providing bartenders for us!
If you or your company would like to sponsor the event or contribute an auction item, please contact Erin Hall.
Thank you to our sponsors for this event!!